Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Stupid Doctor


I had a funny experience that I thought I'd share. I went to the clinic that my new job sent me to for my physical last Thursday. The doctor that conducted the physical kept asking me questions about my bladder and bowls. I replied that they were fine and I was having no problems, but the doctor was insistent about asking again and again. I denied having any problems and the doctor finally looked at me and said "then why is your belly so distended?" At first I thought that he must be joking, but he wasn't. I told him that I was pregnant and he replied that that made sense. He honestly didn't know that I was pregnant. Now the doctor was a little older, but how dumb could he be to not know that I am pregnant? How funny.

Today I had my 3 hour glucose test at the hospital. I had to fast last night. The fasting was not the hard part, the not drinking water was horrible. I got in to the hospital right before 11am and they drew my blood. They then gave me the glucola to drink, but it was not the orange flavor it was cola flavored. I thought I was going to die right there. It tasted so bad and made me so sick. I spent the next 3 hours fighting the urge to throw up, but I knew that I would have to do the test over if I did. They took more blood from me every hour for the next three hours and then I was free to go home around 3pm. I spent a few hours in bed, but have felt bad ever since the test. Thankfully that is the last time I have to take that horrid test.

This evening I have been having pretty painful contractions. I don't know if it has anything to do with the glucose test or not. The contractions were about 5 minutes apart and I was getting a little worried. I laid down and drank a lot of water and they are getting better. They are now only every 40 minutes or so. They should go away by morning. I'm not too worried now.

2 comments:

Liz Ferguson said...

Hey...you need to update. Gage is several months old now. :)

Liz Ferguson said...

I noticed you changed the title of your page! Does that mean that you are thinking about updating? :)