Thursday, May 04, 2006

Gage's New Nickname


My sister (Elizabeth) called me today to tell me a funny story. My niece Anna(5) found a little outfit that Elizabeth had bought for James yesterday. Anna held it up and asked if it was for our baby. The funny part is that she couldn't remember what his name was so she stuttered around and finally asked if it was for Gatorade. Elizabeth laughed and asked if she meant Gage. Anna said she did, but that Gage did sound like Gatorade. I laughed so hard when Elizabeth told me the story. Kids say the cutest things.

Yesterday I went out and had my hair highlighted with blond highlights. I absolutely love it! I really needed to do something to make myself feel pretty as I have been a little down about my body shape lately. Greg was so sweet and made a point to compliment my hair several times after he got home from work.

I received a phone call yesterday about a job. I sent my resume into Coleman Professional Center in Kent a few months ago. The woman called while I was at the hair salon so I didn't actually talk to her until this morning. She said that they had filled the position that I had originally applied for, but wanted me to come in for an interview for a Case Manager I position. I would really love to get back into social work, but don't know if this would be a good job for me or not. I would be paid a lot less than I made at TBF (20K compared to 27K), the hours would be Sunday-Thursday from 12-8pm, I would have a caseload of about 40, and the office is on the other side of Ravenna. My interview isn't until May 16th and I don't know if I should go or call it off. I guess anything would be better than nothing, but I would feel like I was being ripped off only making 20K, especially since county workers make around 35K to start. I also don't know if I want to drive that far everyday. Oh, what to do?

No comments: